Apparently someone out there believes that the World’s Most Laziest Blogger deserves yet another award.
Yeah, I know. Came as a shock to me as well but my blend over at ThyPolarLife decided to grace me with the rather boldly pink and red Cherry on Top Award. Truthishly (yeah yet another made up word I decided to apprehend and make my own), I feel unworthy of an award. My other award was a stretch as it was. Stylish Blogger. Really? Either someone is playing a cruel joke on me for my extreme lack of style or I’m just incredibly oblivious to my own writing. I still very much appreciated it though. I enjoy being Pressed by my fellow bloggers. It felt like a Right of Passage so to speak.
If you look at the fine print in this award though it says For beautiful blogs with that little bit extra.
Beautiful? Really? Am I being mocked?
This blog looks like the inside of a serial killer’s mind and often has deranged pseudo-anarchist ramblings slathered all over it. I admit though, it does have that little bit extra though. My blog is sort of a one-stop-shop for those looking to kill time. Where else can you find recipes, artwork, religious debates, mindless ranting, short stories, and constant movie references all in the same spot? I’m like the Walmart of Distraction. A veritable Seinfeld-esque blog about absolutely nothing.
My duty in receiving this it is to post three things that I love about myself and then select 5 fellow bloggers that I feel are deserving of such fame. Personally I don’t think I’m in a position to wave my magic wand and grant this award to another person because I think I’m undeserving. So I’m going to take a page out of Wendy’s book over at Herding Cats in Hammond River and change the game slightly. I’ll essentially be ending the line here by breaking the rules (sorry Jill) but in the spirit of the award I will be putting some of you on to some posts and bloggers I find truly remarkable.
Firstly, let’s go through the 3 things I love about myself. That’s a tough one. For a person with no ego it’s really hard for me to evaluate myself like that but here goes…
- I love my humor. Sometimes I think I’m a comedian trapped in a thug’s body. It’s rare when I’m not “on”. Sure I have bad days like anyone else but more often than not I’m always trying to make light of even the darkest situations. If we can’t laugh at ourselves and the things around us we’ll quite literally explode from stress.
- I love my creativity. It’s waned at times but my brain is always firing. I find it hard to sleep sometimes because I get to thinking about something I want to write or draw. Often I find my mind cluttered with so much that I want to do that it’s difficult to actually produce much. My work tends to stifle my creativity despite being a field that relies on it because it’s not my vision that I’m putting out but someone elses. I’m merely a tool to covey another person’s imagination.
- I love that I’m awesome. What else can be said? That’s not narcissistic. That’s just stating fact. If there’s disagreement with that then it’s okay. Everyone is entitled to disagree but my awesomeness still supercedes those judgements so in the end I am still in fact very awesome.
So now that the self-love is over time for 5 posts I’ve enjoyed very much…
- Enso Monkey – It’s hard to single out one of her many amazing photographs but this one is so vibrant it can’t be overlooked.
- Random Musings of a Frogged Mind – An amusing perspective on the Internet.
- Riverboxx – I think we can all relate to this bit of jealousy.
- Hippie Cahier – One of the funniest open letters I’ve read in a while.
- Fix it or Deal – Amy is a nut… and that is why I am forever in awe of her blog. You don’t have to dig deep to find something interesting.